Below you will find a summary of the details sent out to families a while back, which we hope will help as a useful reminder as we approach the end of term.
Just to clarify on the shade of grey required for skirts and trousers, parents are advised to purchase these items in the darkest grey colour they can find. Whilst we understand that different retailers will label their greys differently, eg. Retailer A’s “charcoal grey” may be the same colour as Retailer B’s “dark grey”, the safest option will be to go by the colour, rather than what individual retailers may call it. For further guidance, PMG Schoolwear feature these items on the King Alfred’s section of their website www.pmgschoolwear.co.uk where the correct colour is shown. Samples of pleated skirts and trousers will also be available to view on both Year 6 Family Evenings on 27 and 28 June if further guidance would be useful with regard to incoming Year 7 students.
From September 2018 King Alfred’s Academy Uniform will consist of:
- Compulsory navy blazer with KAA badge (available from PMG Schoolwear – contact details at the end of this document)
- Worn with a white (long/short) sleeved shirt
- Tailored plain dark (charcoal) grey school trousers or dark (charcoal grey) pleated skirt which must be knee length. One simple black belt if needed.
(Unacceptable trousers include those wider than shoes, skinny trousers, jeans, chino style trousers and those with large exposed buttons or zips.)
- Clip on King Alfred’s Academy tie, with House Colour embroidered on the logo (also compulsory and available from PMG Schoolwear)
- An optional plain navy V-neck jumper can be worn under the blazer
- Plain black shoes with heels of a suitable height (No platform heels, sandals, backless or strapless shoes, boots, training shoes or canvas pumps).
- Black, navy, white or grey socks or black, navy or grey plain tights.
- Coats are needed in cold weather. These should be without inappropriate logos and design features and should preferably be plain. Any logo should be small and discreet. Non-uniform hoodies, denim or leather jackets and any other inappropriate or non-weatherproof coats are not permitted. All outdoor clothing (coats, gloves, scarves, etc.) should be removed on entering the building.
The pre-badged blazer and the King Alfred’s tie are the only compulsory items and they can be bought from the Academy’s uniform supplier, PMG Schoolwear. All other items may be bought from a variety of retail outlets, although PMG Schoolwear can supply approved versions of all the above garments. This is in line with other schools and DfE recommendations.
Who Will Be Wearing What in September
Year 7 – Will all be wearing new blazer uniform
Year 8 – Can continue to wear their black sweatshirts and black skirts/trousers until they need replacing, but with a white shirt and King Alfred’s house tie.
Year 9 – Will all be in new blazer uniform
Year 10 – Will all be in new blazer uniform
Year 11 – Will remain in black / sky blue polo shirt uniform for their final year in KS4.