My Child At School is an online portal for those with parental responsibility* that enables them to view a wealth of information about their child via a web browser any time of the day.
By using My Child At School you can view your child’s attendance, timetable, reports and book Parents’ Evening Appointments.
How do I apply for a MCAS login?
To apply for MCAS login, you will need to fill in an application form and bring it into the school office along with the following:
- Photo ID (Passport, HM Forces ID Card or similar) and a bill or bank statement showing your name and current address (as recorded on our database) or
- Driving Licence showing your current address
You will need to provide a current e-mail address that can only be accessed by you and cannot be accessed by your child.
Once your application has been verified, your username and password will be emailed to you in two separate emails.
September applications for new Year 7 students will be processed by the end of September. If you already have access to the MCAS with us, you do not need to do anything as your child’s name will appear on the dropdown menu in MCAS in September.
How do I access the My Child At School?
To access your child’s details, you will need to enter your personal username and password.
The link to the portal is: https://www.mychildatschool.com
The King Alfred’s Academy’s School ID is 11181
If you have more than one child at the school, you will be able to use your existing login details and select your other child from the dropdown list next the student’s photo. If your child doesn’t appear, please notify us by emailing Enquiries as this can be easily rectified.
Forgotten Login Details?
If you have forgotten your login details, please contact us either by sending an email to ‘Enquiries’ email address or by filling out the ‘Contact Us’ form on our website. You must include your name and your child’s details. Your request will then be dealt with within three working days (during school terms only).
- We are only permitted to distribute passwords to parents/guardians of students who feature on our electronic system. If, for some reason, a person with parental responsibility does not feature on the system, arrangements will need to be made to add them but this will delay the process.
- If the student(s) to whom you are related has a different surname it may be helpful if you bring the student’s birth certificate.
- It is the parent / guardian’s responsibility to keep usernames and passwords secure. There is a routine within MCAS to change your password – we would ask you to do this at the earliest opportunity using a secure password that will be known only to you and is at least 6 characters long and contains a mixture of numbers/characters and letters.
*In this instance the DfE defines those with parental responsibility as:
- Both natural parents (mother and father) whether or not they live with the student. Adoptive parents are assumed to have taken on the role of natural parents.
- Step parents where there is evidence of adoption, or permission has been granted in writing by both natural parents.
- Foster parents, those in a carer role as advised by the local authority and legal guardians.